rbGH (rbST, Posilac)
- CU praises McDonald’s announcement on antibiotics in chicken, rbST in milk
Company says it intends to phase out use of medically important antibiotics in its chicken supply chain within two years.
- Groups: Repeal Ohio decision on milk labeling
Governor Strickland should repeal a 2008 emergency rule for labeling dairy products in his state
- Kansas Governor vetoes milk labeling bill
The controversial bill would have limited rbGH labeling on dairy products in the state.
- KS Governor urged to veto rbGH milk labeling bill
Consumers in Kansas could be misled about the safety of their milk
- Groups urge Kansas not to ban labeling of artificial growth hormone in milk
New poll shows 93 percent of consumers believe dairies should be able to label products as ‘rbGH-Free’
- OH Governor urged to modify rule on milk labels
Current version still restricts free speech and consumers’ right-to-know
- OH Governor urged to rescind rule on milk labels
The rule is not pro-consumer, restricts free speech rights of dairies, and interferes with free markets
- 90 groups and dairies urge Utah to not ban milk hormone labeling
Utah Department of Agriculture and Food hearing to be held.
- 93 groups and dairies urge Kansas to not ban milk hormone labeling
Recent similar attempts to ban rbgh-free labels in other states have failed
- CU applauds new Pennsylvania milk labeling rules
In reversal, state will allow labels about artificial hormones
- Whats next for rbGH Labeling in Kansas???
After Kansas Governor’s veto of a bad labeling bill will the legislature override?
- Kansas Governor Vetoes Milk Labeling Bill
In a victory for local dairy farmers and consumers, Gov. Sebelius vetoes controversial bill that would have limited rbGH labeling on dairy products in the state.
- Monsanto deals milk hormone for $300 million
The agribusiness giant Monsanto Co. said it would sell its milk hormone Posilac (rbST, rbGH) to Eli Lilly & Co. for $300 million upfront, plus “additional contingent consideration.” The agreement will expand Lilly’s veterinary operations and enable Monsanto to focus on genetically modified crops. That same day, Lilly’s stock fell 39 cents to $47.41 while Continue Reading
- Protect Us From Choice — Please
Last month, in an Orwellian stretch of logic and without warning or any public discussion, the Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture (PDA) notified 19 dairies that “their labels are false or misleading and need to be changed” So, what kinds of labels were so terrible that the PDA felt they had to be removed from milk Continue Reading
- Ban on Milk Labeling Ruled Unconstitutional Source: Food Safety News (Monday October 4, 2020)
After more than two years of litigation, a federal court last week struck down an Ohio ban on labeling dairy products as “rbGH free,” “rbST free,” or “artificial hormone free” if produced by cows not treated with bovine growth hormone.
- Let’s keep Monsanto out of our milk Source: Ashville Citizen-Times (Monday August 27, 2020)
The recent announcement by Kroger stores to prohibit the genetically engineered growth hormone rbST (also known as rbGH) from its private label milk brand is part of a nationwide trend among dairy processors, retailers and farmers.